The Extension!

Where Writers And Authors Meet

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion Where Writers And Authors Meet FB Group > Smashwords

Sophia DeLuna

Hi,

Could we have a Smashwords subforum as well?

Smashwords distributes to other retailers too, like Barnes & Noble, Baker and Taylor, Apple, Sony, Kobo, Diesel etc.; so my e-books are there as well, but I'm neither on Shelfari nor Goodreads nor Amazon.

And, just a suggestion, perhaps we could have some fun area where we could play wordgames? If anyone is interested, that is.

Cheers,

Sophia

September 8, 2012 at 8:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Virginia Jennings
Site Owner

Whoops- Missed this one! Sorry Sophia! Great suggestion! I will get right on it! P.s. what kind of word games?

September 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sophia DeLuna

Cool, thanks!

Hm... there are lots of different word games ... for example: Change a Letter, where you start with a five letter word and the next person can either use the same letters to form a different word or change one letter. Example: Someone starts with "words", then the next person could for example write "sword" or "wards" or "roads" ... and the next person makes a word with those letters, like if it was "wards" they could then form "dwarf" for example.

Another game example: Word Association, where someone starts with any word and the next person writes a word they associate with the first. For example: Someone starts with "love", the next one could write "kiss", the next could write "lips" or whatever comes to mind.

Another example: Finish the Word, where someone starts with any word (preferably a longer one), and the next person has to start the next word with any three consecutive letters from the word before. Example: Someone starts with "psychology", the next person could write "holistic", the next could write "tickling" and so on.

These are just a few examples. Perhaps someone else has other suggestions. :)

--

September 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Virginia Jennings
Site Owner

OH THOSE type of word games! I was wondering what in the world lololol-> Those are some Good ideas! ;)

Sophia is right- does anyone else have a game they would like to see posted?

September 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.