The Extension!

Where Writers And Authors Meet

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion Where Writers And Authors Meet FB Group > Struggling with the muse

Sophia DeLuna

Has anyone ever had phases when getting something out of your muse is like pulling teeth?

(Although I hate it when this happens, I guess one upside of it is that I'm taking the time to participate in social media...)

--

September 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Virginia Jennings
Site Owner

Oh I have this at times! Most of the times it helps me to do something else creative but book related- like draw a new illustration ;)

September 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sophia DeLuna

Sometimes I can do that as well (create a new cover or just do a digital painting etc.) but this time my whole creativity behaves as if stuck in some grey-matter-mud and I have to drag each word out of it - and what comes out is not particularly pretty ...  :frustrated sigh: LOL

--

September 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Virginia Jennings
Site Owner

Aww... I got like that a few years back... my entire creative process ground to a hault. So I put it down- and worked on other things- took a few non writing classes, worked a part time job. After I had my baby and stopped breastfeeding It was like a whole new lightbulb turned on! I can write again!

--

September 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sophia DeLuna

That's great, Virginia!

I wouldn't say my creativity has ground to a halt ... I know by now that these teeth-pulling phases come and go. I still do work on my stories every day. I committed myself to do so for at least 15 minutes every day, and I always spend more time on it than that, mostly even a lot more. However, during these phases I just work on the outline or do some research or go over what I have written, and that's just not as much fun as being in the wonderful creative flow when you're writing and writing and forgetting everything around you; and when you're finally done many hours have passed, your stomach is bitterly complaining, and you suddenly remember all the things you forgot to do, and still you can't wipe the grin off your face and the deep satisfaction that you accomplished something. sigh 8)

--

September 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Virginia Jennings
Site Owner

Yeah :) I love that feeling to!!! Reaching for that is what keeps me writing some days!

September 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.